Sunday, January 13, 2008

Weekend Edition: Day 6+7

Well, there's definitely one thing i can say about this health month over last year - I'm certainly not starving. Last night D-train and I roast our very first chicken, and, I'll admit, pulling some errant feathers out kind of freaked my shit. BUT, I was able to recompose myself enough to make the naked chicken do a charlie chaplain dance before i shoved tons of tarragon and garlic under its skin.

We ended up eating a bunch of HM Approved® snacks during the football (and beer or no beer, a Pats win still rules), so we didn't even eat the chicken until today. I also cleaved it in two with a, you guessed it, cleaver, which marks the first time I've ever cut an animal in twain. Awesome.

Uh, not much else to report except my body seems finally to have adjusted to the radical shift in diet. I definitely miss me some red meat, but I think I'll be back on the once-a-week train once this madness ends.

Speaking of endings, if the Pats go all the way (which is one victory against the Chargers from happening, sorry Satan Manning) - Health Month ends Super Bowl Sunday. I will not shed a tear for the premature close - if the writers can steal the Golden Globes from me, I can steal a few days back for beer.

CONSUMED
Day 6:

Breakfast:
Granola with Soy Yogurt, cranberries and cashews
Kombucha

Lunch:
Leftovers from Day, uh, 4? The Ragout stuff.
Green Tea

Dinner:
Popcorn
Hummus and Brown Rice Crisps
Olives
1 Stuffed Grape Leaf (no meat)

Dessert (!):
Coconut Sorbet
Fresh Pineapple

Day 7:

Brunch:
Pineapple and Wild Berry Smoothie (with real yogurt)
Whole Wheat and Raisin roll
Uncured Turkey Bacon (totally. so awesome, thanks Toby!) with Grade B Maple Syrup
Green Tea

Snack:
Sesame Pretzels
INKO White Tea

Dinner:
Chicken and Hummus sandwich on Spelt Whole Wheat
Roasted Red Potatoes (suck it, Raoul.)

No comments: