Thursday, January 24, 2008

Day 17. Meh.

Got sort of blue today, and couldn't tell why. I think it's caloric, but that's the thing about depression - when you're in it you don't WANT to cure it. And you certainly don't want to think your mood could be so adversely affected by only eating the meat out of a sandwich for lunch.

Today was a challenge, because our office had lunch catered, which consisted of danish, pastry, doughnuts, delicious looking sandwiches, cookies, and for dessert, cakes. I stared at the entire table glumly when the doorbell rang - apparently one of our vendors had treated us to lunch: 12 hot pizzas.

Fuck.

So I made it through that, but then everyone was going out to dinner at this fancy japanese restaurant where you grill your food, and I couldn't stomach (literally) the idea of having to compete for the few veggies while everyone was throwing kobe beef on the grill and drinking their Sapporos, only to go out afterward for drinks. 

Being the only one sucks. I can understand why M caved for the drinking aspect - the loss of sociality is the worst part.

So I went home and fell asleep in my clothes at 11. The phone rang, but I didn't bother to see who it was - it didn't matter. I wasn't going anywhere.

CONSUMED

Breakfast:
Banana
Cup of Roasted Green Tea

Lunch:
Turkey breast
Green salad

Snack:
Almonds

Dinner:
Whole Wheat Pasta
Chicken Apple Sausage
Chickepeas
Vegan Pesto


2 comments:

Unknown said...

at work yesterday the sous bought pizzas from whole foods and everyone had a pizza party. except me. who ate chicken and veggie and brown rice stir fry for the umpteenth time this time while staring longingly at the pepperoni. eight more days..

Judi said...

the ENTIRE nyc office is out? And now they're torturing you with catered food you can't eat? Man, that's harsh.