Monday, January 7, 2008

Day 1: Rocky Start


So, after a weekend of some very un-Health Month like behavior (including an 11:58pm drink of Allen's Ginger Brandy for good measure), I awoke this morning to find myself ill. Not the usual Blue Monday accumulated collection of chemical fallouts, no, but actually sick. Like, a flu or something.

So, alas, Health Month's physical aspect had to be put on hold for a bit while my body recovers. Hopefully this strict diet will fuel that speedy recovery.

CONSUMED:

Breakfast:

Porridge with Goji Berries, Dried Cranberries (fruit-sweetened), Cacao Nibs, Mulberries and Pistachios.

Half a banana

Handful of granola

Lunch:

Baby carrots and Hummus
Boiled Peanuts

Dinner:

Baked mustard chicken
Brown Rice with Gomasio
Wilted greens with vinegar

Dessert:

Dried Cranberries

Beverages:

Kombucha
Water

No real red flags, thusfar, except for missing a beer during football. I, for one, welcome this shift back to center. I only hope I can kick this mystery ailment soon.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

uh, porridge? just because it's health month doesn't mean you have to eat like an orphan.