Friday, January 11, 2008

Day 4

One of the great things about Health Month is the amount of cooking I've been doing...well, it's a plus and a minus. I enjoy it, and haven't been doing it that often as of late. The drawback being it takes a LOT of time and I hate grocery shopping in NYC (imagine NYC drivers armed with shopping carts, with aisles as narrow as italian alleyways). 

That said, I haven't had one meal out since this debacle started, lunch OR dinner. That means the $20 I'm usually spending a day feeding myself is being saved. Mostly for groceries, but I'm sure I'm saving some somewhere.

CONSUMED

Breakfast:
Smoothie (Wild Berries, Banana, ALMONDS, soy yogurt, ice)
Kombucha

Lunch:
Leftovers from Dinner on Day 2 (Chicken Sausage, et al)

Snack:
Unsweetened White Tea (INKO's - really good)
Some crazy chocolate covered energy bar that had Royal Jelly in it. (calm down, the chocolate was sweetened with barley malt)

Dinner:
Wild Mushroom and Tempeh Ragout (so, so good)
Candied Beets and Garlic
Roasted Fennel
Brown Rice

The only big hurdles I see are the weekends - I get bored easily. Maybe I'll find a good veggie place, finally, in Park Slope. Also Football - I have GOT to find some nutritious snacks and something to drink.

No comments: