Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Day 24 - What the..

I got sick.

Actually, sicker than I can remember being. This Health Month has been a pretty ill month for me - I'm not sure of the lower caloric intake is affecting my immune system or what.

So I spent 3 or 4 days in total discomfort. Flu, officially, but with a nasty fever.

I made a few field calls based on this:

1. I had a shot of ginger Brandy mixed with hot water and honey one night when i wouldn't stop coughing. It worked wonders.

2. I had a Vitamin Water (verboten for it's crystalline fructose) that accounted for a full day's calories.

Neither of these I feel guilty about, nor do i consider a failing of the HM regulations. Sure, I could have gotten something other than vitamin water, but I needed salt and electrolytes and time was of the essence.

Today I had some vegetarian chili and multigrain bread, the most complete meal since Sunday. I won't bore you with what I had on those off days - mostly it was brown rice or vegetable broth. I don't care to remember it in detail.

No comments: